2015 4TH OF JULY FUN
JAVIER, HIS MOTHER, ME, MEGS, CRISTIN, ROB AND PENNY LANE
LOLA....CRISTIN AND JAVIER'S BABY AND MY DOG NIECE
I have not run an organized race since the 2013 NYC Marathon. My back nags me daily so I have shied away from the commitment of training for a longer race. When Megan suggested it, I figured "why not?" My back seems to bother me either way so race prep is a good motivator. I never follow a training plan but I do not slack. I let my body decide what works for me on a given day. I listen less to the little voice in my head that whispers "it's too hot, it's too cold, it's too windy, it's raining etc..." Don't get me wrong, training plans are awesome for many but just do not work for me.
Training plan or not, getting ready for a race requires incremental increases in time and distance run.
I call it Upping the Game.
Rob and I went back to the towpath and headed south. It was already warm and humid but mostly shaded. We decided to add a little time to our total minutes and we had a great run. Our upping of the game was successful.
We also shot for a negative split. A negative split basically means you run back faster than you ran out. Lets say you plan an out and back run. You go out in 25 minutes but return in 23 minutes. Voila....a two minute negative split!
As I was running back, my phone rang. I do not always carry my phone but we were still in pursuit of a motor for Lewis' hydraulics system. As I am pursuing my negative split, I am talking on the phone to the RV service department. The part is in and Lewis has an afternoon appointment.
We finish our run and hustle back to camp. Showers are definitely in order and then we put things away to get ready to head to the repair shop.
They took the RV and we waited and waited and waited.
ANNIE BELLE WAITS LIKE THIS
LEWIS' HOSPITAL BRACELET
I must offer kudos to General RV in Canton, Ohio and to Tiffin Motorhomes in Red Bay, AL. They both took it on a bit of faith that it was the motor. Tiffin sent the part over night and General RV got us in the shop. Summers are busy for these folks and they did us a solid. On our part, one can never go wrong with at least trying kindness and patience first. My General almost lost his cool but he reeled it in nicely.
We got back to the camp, got Lewis set up and marveled at how big the inside seemed. We took the girls down to the office and Rob and I got some ice cream. We met two Labradoodle puppies named Gretchen and Pippin. Twelve week old bundles of energy and joy.
Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:
Post a Comment