Thursday, July 14, 2016

Rob flies to Florida, Penny Lane goes in mourning and the Chiropractor

Rob flew to Florida on Wednesday.  He tries to get down to see his dad and he also takes him to his eye appointments.  Rob's dad Sam has macular degeneration and needs consistent care in order to retain the sight in his eye.  The treatment is brutal and Sam deals with it best if Rob takes him.  It is sad that a 94 year old has to go through it but the only option is blindness. I took him once and will forever marvel at how well he tolerates it.  In short, it requires a needle in the eyeball.

.https://www.macular.org/what-macular-degeneration
Poor Penny Lane goes into mourning when Rob leaves.  She goes on hunger strike and is just sad.  She 
loves me but she is obsessed with him.  He is the fun guy.

I also made a trip to the Chiropractor yesterday.  My back is a constant source of aggravation and the 
chiropractor in Carlisle is a really good guy.  He listens.  He also has a guy who comes in
on certain days and does Fascial Stretch Therapy.

What is Fascial Stretch Therapy?

Enter Fascial Stretch Therapy (or FST), a type of stretching that targets not only the muscles, but the fascia, the connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones, and joints. FST also targets the entire joint and joint capsule, using traction to remove restrictions from movement and to stimulate lubrication. A therapist will gently pull and move the arms, legs, spine, and neck in a smooth motion through varying planes of movement. There is no pain, not even discomfort. Instead, the gentle movement is stimulating and relaxing at the same time.
  I had never tried this therapy but I am always open
to prudent alternatives to drugs.  I spent about 30 minutes with the chiro and an hour with the Fascial 
Stretch Therapy guy.  All is can say is......be the noodle.  You go in like a piece of uncooked lasagna and 
come out a fully cooked noodle.  He put me through some awesome stretches and I felt great.  So, I have 
cracked, popped and stretched.  I definitely felt more loose when I left.  My friend Laurrie came in right 
after me.(she made my appt)  We decided to meet for dinner after she finished her session.  

Laurrie and I went to Chilis for chips and salsa, a salad, beer and talk time.  A good time is always had.

I got back to camp and the girls were very happy to see me.  Penny was still in mourning but she was 
happy for an evening walk.

We finished our evening with treats and The Tour.

Another great day in this thing we call life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment