WAY TOO WOOLY
While Penny was at the groomer, Rob and I went out to play nine holes of golf. We went to a local place called Cumberland Golf Club. It is a nice little course and fairly close to our camp and the groomers. We both love golf and almost always enjoy a round. Rob played better than I did but we both had a good go.
GMAN GIVING IT A GOOD WHACK OFF THE TEE
We finished our round and called the groomer. Penny Lane was ready so we went to pick her up. I had asked the groomer to trim her a little closer than usual. She is now one svelte pup!
HAPPY GIRL
We got back to the RV and Annie gave us what for. We try to not leave either of the girls alone but it is sometimes unavoidable. Annie was happy to have us home and she and Penny Lane had a big talk about what had been going on. Annie Belle also got a good bath.
We discussed going out to dinner but decided that a good run should come first. We wanted to go back to the AT and I talked Rob into the Boiling Springs Trail Head. We agreed to park right at the start and avoid the hill on the road that leads there. It was another beautiful run. It was hot but the trees provided so much shade.
LOOKING STRONG
A SHORT BUT BEAUTIFUL OPENING IN THE TRAIL. I LOVE THE FARMLAND AROUND HERE
We took our time going out and turned at 27 minutes. Because we took it easy on the way out, I decided to work for a good negative split on the way back. I pushed it really hard and had a 6 minute 14 second negative split. That is about as close as I am going to get to speed work so I was happy with it.
Our great run worked up a great appetite and we got cleaned up for dinner. We went to a local place called Cafe Bruges. They specialize in Belgian food and beer and it is one of our favorite Carlisle eateries. Their mussels are delicious and their beer choices are abundant. Great food, company and atmosphere!
Back at the RV, the girls were eagerly awaiting their evening jaunt. Penny Lane was feeling particularly frisky with her awesome new Do so we took her out for a play.
RUN, RUN, RUN
PANT, PANT, PANT
MINE. I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW TIGHT SHE COULD HOLD SOMETHING IF SHE HAD THUMBS
I let her bring her big red ball inside but she quickly lost privileges. She had decided that no one could get close to it. This maneuver is called guarding and it is unacceptable. No one wanted it but if we got close, she growled. That is an absolute no go. The ball went away and Penny Lane sat for the next 30 minutes begging to get it back. I did let her have it and she did much better the second time around.
Our day had been full and Tuesday is MOVING DAY!
Another great day in this thing we call life.








No comments:
Post a Comment