Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Pro Football Hall of Fame,new digs, a hiccup and Penny tries tetherball

Getting up early is not a big deal when the RV is parked at a truck stop.  We had stopped at a Flying J  the night of the 4th and we were up and ready to continue our journey.

We knew we would arrive at our campsite early so we decided to make a stop at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.  The HOF is one of those places we had often spoken of visiting but it was never really a priority.  It is also a place that many kids would find boring so we never even thought about going when ours were small.

The site of the HOF is smaller than I imagined.  Pro football is huge so I imagined that the HOF would also be huge.  It really shouldn't be but I guess I just had it in my mind that it was.

Rob and I really enjoy football.  We do not attend pro games but we love to watch a good match up.  The HOF is loaded with information about the history and evolution of what is the most popular sport in the US.  It starts with the origins of football back in the 1800's and ends with the listing of the newest HOF inductees.  It also boasts a theatre with a movie called "The Road to the Superbowl." 

 The current movie is a short but thrilling replay of the Denver Broncos victory over the Carolina Panthers in the last Superbowl.  I am a huge Peyton Manning fan so I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I enjoyed looking at the memorabilia and I learned quite a bit.  

INTERESTING TIDBIT OF INFORMATION

Tickets to the HOF are a bit pricey but, if you like football/history, they are worth it.

We left the  HOF and headed to our campground.   The KOA we chose is in a small town called Streetsboro and we chose it because of its proximity to Cuyahoga National Park.
https://www.nps.gov/cuva/

We checked in at the office and parked Lewis.  The site was a bit off as far as leveling goes so we spoke to the 
owners about trying a better spot.  We were allowed to move and as we attempted to level, our hydraulics crapped
out. 
 I am pretty sure the motor fried itself but it was too late to call anyone for repairs.  For now, we have no levelers 
and no big slide out.  Both of these systems are hydraulic so if the motor does not work, the hydraulics do not work.
Stuff like this happens and is aggravating but we have power, air and plumbing.   We are just a bit squished.

When we figured out that there was nothing we could do about the hydraulics, we decided to take the girls for a
walk.  Penny Lane is always up for walks so she and Rob took off a bit ahead of Annie and I.  Annie's foot is almost
better but she is still favoring it a bit.  As Rob and Penny were walking, they came upon a tether ball pole.

As is often the case with Penny Lane, fun ensued.  She loves tether ball!




The day was waning.  We tucked in for the night.  Tomorrow's top priority will be finding a place to get the hydraulics repaired.  I feel certain I could remove and replace the motor but we are still under warranty so I should let the pros do it.

Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment