Friday was busy for me but not necessarily something to spend much time blogging.
I got my morning run early since it is still oppressively humid. I went to the golf course at Carlisle Barracks and ran the trail around the perimeter. It is a good hills and flats course and is not paved. Nothing exciting or picturesque but a good place to get exercise.
I got back to the RV and went to work doing a bit or reorganizing. We often recognize new options for what goes where and I usually put those options into working order. I also did a dish reorganization. Nonbreakable was the word of the day. If dishes ever come flying out of the cabinet again, I want them to bounce, not shatter. BTW....I love to organize stuff. I do not necessarily like the act of organizing but I love the result. I feel the same way about cleaning. I do not like cleaning but I love for things to be clean. If you know me very well, you know that I can be a little OCD about it but it comes in handy whilst living in the RV. What makes me not OCD is that it does not impact my quality of life and I understand completely that most folks are not like me when it comes to having things in order. So....I am just quirky.
Reorganization was done and I was happy with the results. I got cleaned up and met my friend Sue for dinner. We have been going to Applebee's and getting the 2 for $20 for about seven years. She has a red wine and I have a beer and we share an appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip. "Why fix it if it ain't broke?" We said our goodbyes until my next visit to Carlisle.
I got back to camp and loaded Penny Lane and Annie Belle and we went to the creek. Penny Lane got her swim in another gloriously cold spring fed creek. She was crazy with enthusiasm but it is hard to be impatient with her. I had her 30 foot leash so she could go out into the middle of the creek and actually swim.
The pics below have nothing to do with today's blog but I love sunflowers and I love butterflies.
We finished our playtime and met my friend Laurrie for a bit of a chat.
Oh yeah...a funny to finish. I had been trying to get my mammogram scheduled and was having a bit of a time with it. I finally decided to go to radiology and ask them directly instead of calling and getting the same answer from the central appointments folks. I got to radiology and asked about a walk in opportunity. The clerk went to get the tech and she and I had a discussion about what was available and what was needed. I let her know that I had made multiple attempts to make an appointment but could not get one. I also let her know that I was only going to be in the area for a few more days. She looked at the computer screen and finally said "why don't you just come back and we can get this done now?" I told her that would be awesome and we went back to "the machine" and took care of business. As I was leaving, I thanked her profusely. She replied "I am so glad I could SQUEEZE you in." We both got a good laugh out of that.
Another great day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment