Friday, July 8, 2016

Runs and trails and rain

Thursday came to us warm and sticky.  I had been monitoring the weather so this came as no surprise.
Rob needed to take Clark to Firestone Auto to have a tire looked at.  We had a slow leak that needed to be fixed.

While he was gone, I took a short run.  The campground has some area for running but I decided to venture to the road.  It was HOT!  Some of you know me well enough to know that I do not sweat much.  I hydrate and I do not cramp but I do not usually sweat very much.  Premenopausal hot flashes do not count.  OMG!  Anywho, I concentrated on speed vs distance and I was absolutely dripping by the time I got back.  Runs like that are taxing but satisfying.

Rob returned and Clark had a freshly repaired tire.  We decided to take the girls back to the National Forest for some hikes.  We found a trail called Brandywine Falls and decided to have a go at it.  We quickly saw sign that said "bridge out" but we went anyway.  We got to the area where the bridge was out but it was an easy hop from rock to rock to get across.  The sign discouraged many but we figured that the worst case scenario was having to turn around and go back.
THE MAN AND HIS DOG



Brandywine Falls is fairly mild right now since the water is low.  The trail leading to the falls was full of opportunities for Penny Lane to play in the water so we considered it a success.  Annie Belle's foot seems to be fully healed but she still preferred to be carried part of the way.

We left Brandywine Falls and headed to another trail.  This trail also offered swimming for our little aquatics fanatic.
I AM NOT SURE HOW LONG SHE WOULD PLAY

We tried to hike one more trail but the rain came and it was clear that it was going to hang around for a bit.  We decided to head back to camp.

Rob and I cleaned up a bit and went to dinner at a local eatery called the Happy Moose.  The food was good and the beer was refreshing.

On another note, Thursday was also another day of phone calls and working to get Lewis' hydraulics motor repaired.  We had made progress but there was still no part and no slot to bring him in.  Patience, patience and more patience.  A fabulous thing to remember in situations like this is "do not shoot the messenger."  The service department and Tiffin had accepted my diagnosis so we were on the right track.  I hoped I had it right.

It was a good day.  The rain did nothing to dampen our spirits.  

If you can hug someone you love....do it.

Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment