I was supposed to meet my friend Megan Michael but her car broke down and she could not come. We were both sad about that. We decided that we would wait to see what the deal was with her car and then plan from there.
ME, DEB COONEY, MEGAN MICHAEL AND CHRIS BOOK. WE RAN THE BOSTON MARATHON TOGETHER AND WE WERE HAMMING IT UP POST "HEARTBREAK HILL." WE WERE BY NO MEANS BROKEN.
Penny Lane Carr heard that my primary running partner could not make it and she did what any good dog would do. She stepped up. I got her leash and we were off.
We arrived at the Boiling Springs trail head and Penny Lane was so excited. I parked near the creek so we could enjoy a post run dip.
The trail was great! The trees provided wonderful shade and there was a little breeze. Still warm and humid but not too bad.
PRE RUN SHOT AT THE TRAIL HEAD
LEADING THE WAY
FUNGI IS COOL
Penny Lane now has an informal rap sheet. She attempted to assault anything that moved. We saw chipmunks, squirrels, a momma turkey and her babies and a duck momma and her babies. Penny Lane was bent on catching all of them. I do not let her run off leash so it was just a bit of tug of war for me. She is never vicious when she does this, but she is determined. Everyone survived and we got a good long run. We were both hot by the time we got back so a quick dip in the creek fit the bill. The water in this particular creek is fed by a spring and the water temps run in the 50s.
POST RUN AND SWIM HAPPINESS
We went back to the RV and were met by a very disgruntled Annie Belle. She does not like to be left alone but she cannot run with us. "Suck it up buttercup."
I got the girls settled and went over to my friend Sue's house. We spent the afternoon catching up and hanging out by the pool.
DOG NIECE LILLY
DOG NEPHEW BLACKJACK
Sue and I had a great visit. We had not had a good sit down chat in over a year and there was much to be shared. I had to leave to take care of the girls but I really enjoyed our afternoon.
The girls and I went over to the Hoover's for dinner and a movie. Laurrie and I watched Corrinna, Corrinna. I love this movie. It is a great mixture of funny, sweet and sad. Laurrie had never seen it but she really enjoyed it. Another great night at the Hoovers.
We got back to camp and spent the rest of the evening watching The Open.(golf)
Another great day in this thing we call life.






No comments:
Post a Comment