Thursday, July 7, 2016

Awesome trail run, the tiny motor that could and farm markets in the summer

If I had a dog named Toto, I would definitely have been telling Toto "we're not in Michigan any more."  We have gone from sunny, cool and dry to cloudy, warm and sticky.  Be assured that I am not complaining.....just observing.  I love the grab bag tendencies of weather.
RESIDENT GOOSE LOOKING AT THE CABINS.  I WONDER IF HE WISHES HE HAD AIR CONDITIONING?

THIS LITTLE BIRD WAS FEASTING ON A CHEESE PUFF.  IT DEFENDED ITS CHEESE PUFF WITH VIGOR.


Rob and I decided to make the short drive to the Cuyahoga National Forest and run a portion of the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath.  This is a great trail for hikers, bikers, runners and walkers.  It follows the historic Ohio & Erie Canal route through the Cuyahoga River Valley and continues north and south of the park.  There are train access points along the route and Rob and I are hoping to catch the train, ride 6-8 miles along the path and then run back.  Wednesday was just an out and back day but we both got a great workout.
THE PATH CAN BE DIRT

OR BOARDWALK

AND CAN LOOK A BIT SWAMPY AT TIMES

FUNGUS CAN BE PRETTY

We returned to the camper and worked to set the RV repair wheels in motion.  Big motorhomes like Lewis are amazing.  They are fully equipped and very comfortable.  As it is with all things mechanical, things can go kaput.  The motor on our hydraulic system did just that. We need a new one and getting everyone lined up to do what needs to be done has been a bit maddening.  One of the most frustrating parts of it for me is that I can see the problem and I think I could fix it.  Because the coach is new, I could possibly void the warranty if I do anything.  The most either of us could do was get on the phone.  We found a Tiffin dealer about an hour away and talked to the Tiffin factory folks in Red Bay, AL.  We finally got them synced but the part is still not on its way.  The warranty person at the dealer in Ohio was in a phone que to order the part but she was disconnected when Tiffin closed.  We will hit the phones again this morning.  Our tiny little motor that could (it is not much bigger than my hand) has kept us zipped a little closer than we are accustomed to.  It is not horrible by any means.  We have everything we need except the extra width we get from the slide out.  We also do not have leveling jacks but the site is fairly level and we have boards that we can put under the wheels to help with that.

After spending a portion of the day close to the RV, we loaded the girls and took them to the National Forest.  We found a place for Penny Lane to get a swim.  As usual, she was all over it.  An exercised Labradoodle is a happy Labradoodle.
WALKING TO THE CREEK

PLAYING STICK

We noticed a farm market just up the road from where we had parked.  We walked up and Rob watched the girls while I had a look.  It was loaded with so many yummy things.  I got some nectarines, pears, melon,homemade green onion cheese, a jar of spicy dilly beans, pickled asparagus and a loaf of cranberry walnut bread.  Yay for food treasures!

We returned to Lewis and I cooked dinner while Rob called his dad. 

Our Wednesday did present some frustrations but we were exercised, healthy, well fed, cool and clean.  So much more that so many in this world can claim at the end of their day.  

We are truly blessed.

Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment