Friday, July 29, 2016

Rob's day at Baltusrol

Thursday was Rob's day for golf.

                                                            He was a Shot Link guy.


What is ShotLink?

The ShotLink System is a revolutionary platform for collecting and disseminating scoring and statistical data on every shot by every player in real-time. 

The vision of the system is to "Turn data into information, information into knowledge, and knowledge into entertainment."

This was right up Rob's alley.  He is all about numbers so being one of the folks responsible for getting good numbers was just the thing for him.  

Rob spent the day on the par 5 number 17.  
No. 17
649 yards, Par 5
One of the longest and most famous par 5s in championship golf, No. 17 sets up the unusual back-to-back par 5 finish at Baltusrol, which can fuel high drama for players in contention coming down the stretch. A long, accurate drive is necessary to be able to carry the cross bunkers on the second shot. A pot bunker lurks out of sight on the left side 100 yards out from the green; players willing to challenge this bunker will be rewarded with an open view to the green for their third shot. Otherwise, the shot faced into this green will be uphill and completely blind. The longest of hitters will have a go at this green in two.
 He had a great seat to watch every single golfer pass.
THE APPROACH

I stayed with the girls.  Rob and I are working alternating days so everybody wins.  Rob works and I sit, I work and Rob sits.  Perfect.  I spent a good portion of my day just hanging out.  I watched the tournament on TNT and looked for Rob.  I never saw him.

Rob shift was not over until the end of play.  He turned in his equipment and drove back to Lewis.  The girls were happy to see him.  We went for our evening walk and finished our day with a couple of episodes of Big Bang Theory.

Another great day in this thing we call life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment