Sunday, July 17, 2016

AT run with a friend, breakfast at Fay's and the late, late, late plane

My friend Megan Michael got her car back on Friday so we made a running date.  We were going to meet at the Appalachian Trail (AT) at 0715 Saturday morning.  I was excited about this.  We had not run together in several years.

Megan and I used to run with a group and we would often pair off because we would push each other and we could talk and run.  The runs with the group sort of fell to the wayside.  Life can get in the way of these things.  We both still ran but just not with a group.  Megan is still fast and works really hard at her running.  We had a GREAT run and it went by so fast.  We talked, and talked and talked.  I love runs like that.
I left the AT and headed to Faye's in Carlisle.  Fay's is a great little restaurant.  They only serve breakfast and lunch and I love going there for breakfast.  I was meeting my friend Chris.  Chris and I have known each other for quite a few years and we always enjoy catching up.  We have also run many, many miles together.  Love my running peeps.
I finished breakfast and made my way back to Lewis.  The girls were happy to see me and we spent the afternoon just hanging out.  We took walks and enjoyed the AC.  It was still warm and humid out but it made for some gorgeous evening clouds.





I had my dinner at Cafe Hoover.  That means that the Hoovers had me over for dinner.   We had clams, salmon and zucchini out of the garden.  As always, it was delicious.  The Hoovers had tons to do so the girls and headed back to the RV.
Rob was due back Saturday evening.  He made it as far as Charlotte, NC but it went to heck in a hand basket after that.  He was due in at 7:26 pm and he got in at 0200.  The girls and I spent the evening waiting at home and made our way to the airport at 0100 or so.  The weather was the cause so everyone just had to deal.  We got back to Lewis at 0300.  The girls went with me so all the "daddy's home!" antics were over and done with.  They made quite a scene at the airport but that was better than at the campsite.  Rob was happy to be back and we were so happy to have him.

Another great day in this thing we call life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment