......then I would be one smart cookie.
It seems like the wind has blown for days and days. I am sure that is not the case but....Our waterfront site probably makes us more vulnerable to the wind but what a view! I never cease to be amazed that the Osprey nests do not blow away. They are nesting all along the shoreline and many have nested on man made platforms. The platforms are just a tall phone type pole with a square of wood on top. The nests are quite large and exposed to everything but I have yet to see one fall.
Speaking of the Ospreys, I am pretty sure they eyeball little Annie when I have her outside. I do not think they could fly away with her but I do think they might have a go at it.
It was raining this morning so I only managed to get Penny Lane out for a very short walk. She spent the early part of the morning in a bit of a sulk but the rain stopped and all I have to do is get my running shoes out to let her know I am soon out the door. She immediately becomes a very loving and extremely cooperative dog. I guess that makes her a bit of a suck up but it least it is for a run and not money. I got her out for a good run and then she got a play with her friend Macy. Macy is a big eight year old mixed breed. She often observes Penny Lane's puppyish behavior with a look of disdain/contempt. She is a very sweet girl but has very little time for foolishness. I let Penny off leash and she just ran it zooming circles as Macy slowly moved around watching her. Penny wore her self into a lather and is not crashed out napping. Annie continues to wait for warmer, less windy days. She is the ultimate fair weather dog and is happy to quickly go outside and come back in for more napping.
Rainy days like today are good days for house keeping and brain storming space saving ideas. I have plenty of space but love to come up with ideas that maximize counter top and cabinet space. I have a couple of ideas and will probably make a trip to Home Depot to wander.
I added a couple of plants to Lewis' decor and it really gives it a homey look. My tulips are nearly out for the count but they were lovely.
PENNY LANE CARR'S "I AM SUCH A GOOD DOG CAN WE GO FOR A RUN?" LOOK
ANNIE BELLE'S "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUUT IT" LOOK
ONE OF THE OSPREY NESTS...JUST SITTING UP THERE IN THE WIND
QUITE THE ENGINEERS THEY ARE
A GRAY BUT WARM DAY. THE BIRDS ARE CHIRPING
OUR SIGN AND THE PLANTS. I HAD THIS SIGN MADE SEVERAL YEARS
AGO AND WE JUST PUT IT AWAY FOR THE FUTURE....WHICH IS NOW. CAN YOU SPOT PENNY LANE IN THE PICTURE?
No comments:
Post a Comment