I went to see a friend in the city today and she and spent nearly three hours nursing cups of coffee and talking. Women friends are the bomb! If you have women friends that respect you and themselves, you can talk about anything. Enjoy them.
I got back in the afternoon and Rob and I decided to go for a trail run. We decided to take Penny Lane with us. Penny Lane got to run with us in a modified off lease situation. I kept the leash attached to her harness but I did not hold it. She did awesome! I ran ahead and she ran between Rob and I. She was very good and did not get off the trail one single time. That may not sound like much but Penny Lane is more impulsive that either of my kids ever was. She listened to my voice commands and stayed close. Good girl.
It is windy again so no campfire tonight.
My first mini med school seminar was very good. The speaker talked about Immunotherapy of Cancer. No one really wants to know about cancer but everyone wants to KNOW about cancer. You could tell that this doctor had a true Love/Hate relationship with his job. He was passionate about his research but also spoke of the frustrations of not being able to make more progress. It was a really good session and the two hours flew by.
The weather is supposed to be sunny and 70 tomorrow. Sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment