Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday hike, reclining lounge chairs and Annie Osprey bait

I got up this morning and the day was obviously going to be gorgeous.  I let Rob sleep in a bit and the girls and went outside and enjoyed the cool morning air.
Rob and I had our morning coffee and decided to go to Burke Lake and hike around it.  We were not sure how far it was but figured if everyone else out there could do it then we could.  It turned out to be 4.5 miles so we were good to go.  Little Annie even made the entire walk.  There is no telling how many steps that little girl took.




After our hike, we went out to the storage building to get a painful reminder of how much crap we had in it.  It was painful but also a bit like Christmas.  I dug out a ladder for Lewis so that I can wash the windows, two reclining lounge chairs, some books that Robb had asked me to find (pure dumb luck that I found those) and Rob's Mess Dress Military Uniform. 
 Everyone likes to make fun of me and my tendency to be a bit OCD when it comes to organization but when it comes time for "where is my such and such?"....BOOM!  I know where it is.  Even packed in a 10x20 storage room in a mess of boxes and Rubbermaid containers.  Take that you disorganized folks :)  We have plans to load a truck and get that stuff moved to Florida.  Not something we want to do but definitely something we need to do.  It will also be a money saver.
We left the storage place and returned to Lewis with our new treasures.  The chairs were quickly put to use next to the fire pit.  We had BLTs and wine for dinner.

                                                                         CHILLIN'
PLEASE DAD MAY I HAVE SOME BLT?  YOU CAN GIVE THE L&T TO ANNIE.

Poor little Annie was sitting out in the sun and a very large osprey swooped within 10-15 feet of her.  I am certain it was sizing her up for dinner.   Annie spent the rest of the evening in my lap.
We are in for the evening and have a movie to watch.
Another good day in this thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment