Thursday, April 14, 2016

So much to do and fun in the sun

I got to Florida Wednesday evening and spent the rest of that day unloading the car, walking and feeding the dogs and just unwinding.  It is amazing how tiring sitting in the car for 13 hours can be but the drive was good and the girls behaved so well.
I got up this morning feeling rested and ready for a day of activity.  I went for my run and then took the girls for their walk.  The weather was really nice and there was no wind.  The water was like glass so I decided to drop the kayak off the pier and go for a paddle.  I was first treated to a couple of Manatee just chilling.   They were floating and soaking up the rays.  I paddled into the main water and headed towards one of the islands.  I saw a Pelican perched in a tree.  I usually see them flying or floating so this was a treat.

I paddled to the end of the island and then I heard dolphins coming up for air.  I always get really excited when I see dolphins.  They are not intentionally elusive but they love to just pop up out of the water with no warning.  I just put my paddle on my legs and watched them play for a bit.



I paddled around a bit more and sort of followed the dolphins.  They were very friendly and one scared the bejeebers out of me when he surfaced right next to my kayak.  I am not scared of them but I had no idea he was so close.  It was a wonderful experience.  I also got to see various birds and fish.




After my wonderful kayak ride, I decided to get on my bicycle and head to the beach.  Visiting Florida brings this out in me.  So much sun and water=so much to do.  The beach was beautiful.  Waves were abundant and people were out enjoying the sun, sand and water.




                                            THIS LITTLE GIRL WAS TEARING IT UP

                                                   
                                                    LITTLE BITTY FOOTPRINT

No comments:

Post a Comment