Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Monday stuff

Mondays are Mondays.  Most folks settle back into their routine whether they want to or not.

Rob decided to work from home today so I took that as an opportunity to link up with my friend Gwynne.

 Gwynne and I met when we were both in Carlisle, PA and we had signed up for Bridge classes.  That class garnered a really awesome group of ladies and we went on to get together once a week for a few hands of bridge.  We started out by taking turns hosting these groups but soon decided that it was too much work for the host and started meeting at the coffee house.  I can assure you that the game of Bridge is not just for old ladies.  We had fun and we NEVER took it too seriously.    We definitely drew the attention of the older folks when they realized that a group of 40/50 somethings were hanging out playing Bridge.

 As often happens with groups of military spouses/kids, people move and groups disperse.  I had moved a few times and Gwynne had moved a few times.   She and her husband recently came back to this area so we met for lunch.  We had a great get together and caught up on what was going on in each other's lives.

Rob spent the day with the girls so I ran errands after lunch.   You know....post office, cleaners etc...  One of my errands was to find toilet paper for the RV.   It sounds simple but the recommended RV/Marine TP is different than house TP.  It is called "quick dissolving."  No worries....it does not dissolve really, really quickly but does dissolve quickly enough that it does not sit in the "black" tank. The term black tank means exactly what you think it does.  It is a septic tank.  Sounds gross but gotta have it.  Everybody goes so you gotta have a place to go.  Preventing a clog in the tank or the pipes is near the top of most RVers lists so buying the special TP is worth it. Once again....I GOOGLED  "quick dissolving RV TP" and saw that I could get it at WalMart.  It is, of course, cheaper than buying it at a Marine or RV store so I stocked up.   Our campsite neighbor can attest to the clog prevention mantra.  He had to unclog his septic line Sunday.  He was fully adorned with protective gear and had a long snake type line that he was trying to cram up one end of the....... We will leave it at that.

I got back to the Lewis and Penny Lane and Annie acted as though I had been gone for days.  Dogs are awesome that way.  Four hours or four days,  it is all the same to them.  They are just happy to see you.

The afternoon/evening weather had turned lovely so we made a fire and cooked hot dogs right over the flame.  If you think too much about hot dogs, they are gross.  When we have hotdogs, we do not think about it, we just cook em' and eat em'.  Good camp fare.  We finished off the evening by taking Penny Lane and Annie Belle for a walk.

All in all, it was a good Monday.

                                                    ME AND GWYNNE'S CAT SOMIK

                                                            ME AND MY HUNNY

                     DOCUMENTED HEART OF STONE.  I HAVE NOTICED IT ON THE
                                       SIDE OF ONE OF THE ROADS WHERE I RUN.

                                                             THE CAMPGROUND

No comments:

Post a Comment