Saturday, April 16, 2016

Ungrateful turtles, hairdos and pizza

Friday was a bit of a down day for me.  I tried to do everything outdoorsy on Thursday thinking that Friday might be a bit stormy.  I was right.

The weather is cozy warm.  Not the suffocating humid warm of July and August but a nice thaw your joints and bones warm.  It can get sultry later in the day and the heat and humidity can spawn some very active storms.  Watching thunderstorms roll in off the river to the west or the ocean to the east is a favorite pastime of mine when I am here.

I managed to get my run before the storms and as I was running, I came across a turtle in the road.  He was right smack in the middle of the road just laying there so I decided to hustle him to one side or the other.  I quickly recognized this turtle as a snapping turtle and he was most ungrateful.  I tried a couple of times to sort of pick him up by the back of his shell and he tried a couple of times to bite me.  I tried another approach and used one finger to apply pressure to the top of his shell.  This seemed to get him moving with a minimum of irritation.  He hustled back to the pond from which he came.  I know they bite but it just seems so unnatural for any animal to get squashed by a car.

Penny Lane Carr's groomer came to the house and she got a dandy of a shampoo and cut.  She was in dire need of one.  She is not a dog that requires consistent grooming but really needs a trim every 3-4 months.  Her bangs had gotten so long then when she jumped into the pool, they covered her eyes and she could not see.  She lives such a tough life.

                                                                LOOKING GOOD

Rob left Virginia early Friday morning and drove down to join me.  It is a long drive and I knew he would not want to go back out for dinner.  I decided to walk to Publix and get the ingredients to make a pizza.  I got a crust, pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese.  I walked up to the line and laid these four ingredients on the counter.  Lo and behold, the person next to me looked at my stuff and asked me "are you making pizza?"  I tried to reel in the look that must have said "duh" but I do not think I managed it.   

Rob got in about 6:30 and I made our pizza.  Homemade pizza is yummy.  I do not like to cook but I often enjoy the results and pizza is one those things I love to enjoy at home.   Friday nights are often homemade pizza nights. 

All is well in Florida.
SUN AND SURF

                                              I LOVE THE COLORS ON THIS FLOWER!

No comments:

Post a Comment