Thursday, April 28, 2016

Honorary PFC Dog and what to do on a rainy day

Penny Lane and I got out early this morning because the day was forecast to be rainy.  I decided to stay a little closer to Lewis so we could get back quicker if needed.

 We were running  by the river and I noticed  a group of soldiers finishing their APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test).  The last element of the test is a two mile run and Penny and I were going to run right through the finish line if we stayed our course.  I asked a soldier if we would be in the way and he said no.  All the runners were finished and there were just a few walkers left.  As we neared the finish line, all the soldiers started yelling "Go PFC Dog!!!"  Penny seemed to know that they were cheering for her and she got so excited.  She managed to stay calm enough to avoid dragging me across the line and they cheered for her as she went by.  What a happy dog she was.  I am certain she was smiling.

It started to rain soon after we got back.  It made for a good lazy day.  I decided that it was a good day for dress up.  Penny is a really good sport when it comes to dress up.  Annie not so much.

LOOKS JUST LIKE DAD


                                                   COWGIRL, AMISH, GOLFER DOG ?


                                         ANNIE BELLE GETTING READY TO WORK IT

                                                           PROUD KENYON DOG

                                         ANNIE BELLE JUST BEING SO DARN CUTE

WAY TOO COOL

2 comments:

  1. LOL you doggy pics had me rolling. Love the story about Penny crossing the finish line. But question: Why do you have that 3lb weight!!!!!?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied on this but not sure if it went through. The small weights were Megan's and I forgot to leave them in Florida. I use them to hold stuff down when it is windy outside. I also would not be opposed to using them if I was just walking and wanted a little extra workout.

      Delete