Before we left Virginia, Rob and I discussed what options we had for biking. We knew there would be places that would have good bike trails that we might want to explore. We also knew that we would be limited on time because the girls could not go with us. Penny Lane loves to run but she cannot run for very long beside a bicycle. Besides that, the first wildlife sighting could pose a disaster for whichever of us was holding her leash while biking. She can be a bit impulsive when she sees a deer, chipmunk, squirrel etc...
I started investigating pull behind carts. I knew bikers could get carts for their kids so I imagined the same was true for dogs. I went to Amazon.com and was surprised with the choices. I took care to make sure the cart could hold a 60lb dog and that it has restraints. After reading many reviews, I decided on.....
THE DOGGY RIDE NOVEL DOG BIKE TRAILER
This trailer is big enough for both of the girls and we decided to take it for a spin on a local bike trail. We loaded all the necessary gear and drove a few miles to the Allegheny bike trail just outside Elkins. The buggy folds up and the wheels pop off so it fits nicely into the back of the Honda. I also have a basket on the front of my bicycle just in case Annie does not do well in the buggy. We loaded Penny into the buggy and Annie into the basket and away we went.
ANNIE IS IN THE BUGGY IN THIS PICTURE. SHE DID OK BUT SEEMS TOPREFER THE BASKET
I will just say that Penny Lane tolerated the buggy. She made it perfectly clear that she wanted to be running vs riding. She barked and barked. When she was done barking, she barked some more. We tried Annie in the basket and then in the buggy. I think she liked the basket better.
We limited our ride to just 20 minutes. We will ease Penny into longer rides. Annie has ridden in the basket before and as long as she has her mom and her blanket, she is golden.
All in all, the ride went well. We are going to Upper Michigan to a place called Mackinac Island and there will be lots of bike riding. Now we can make a day trip of it!
We got back to the RV and started getting the outside ready for our move. Both dogs got a good bath and the excitement of a buggy ride and a bath had them both tired and ready to rest.
We are headed to an area near Oakmont Country Club, PA. The US Open Golf tournament starts today and we are planning to take in a couple of rounds.
It's Moving Day!!!
Another great day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment