I went into Traverse City for a few groceries and Rob stayed with the girls. The upcoming 4th of July weekend has the place bustling. I am sure this area booms during the summer holidays. I got what I needed and figured out how to return along the back roads. It is just too peaceful here to fight traffic.
Rob and I had discussed kayaking on the Platte River. The Platte is the river that we had visited earlier. It runs into Lake Michigan and the beach area is very cool. Beach goers can play in the river, cross a very narrow bit of beach and then play in the Lake.
GREAT ARIAL SHOT OF THE PLATTE MEETING LAKE MICHIGAN
As I was driving back from the store, I thought that an evening kayak trip might be nice. I also thought we might be able to avoid the possible crowds. I got back and suggested this to Rob. One thing he and I have in common is the ability to be spontaneous. We changed, took the girls out and we were off to the river. We knew we had made a great decision when we arrived. We took care of the paperwork, got a two person kayak and we had the river to ourselves.
JUST US AND THE RIVER
LOON LAKE
MR SNAPPER GIVING US THE EYE
A LILY IN CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER
We also saw several muskrats and tons of colorful dragonflies. My friend Isabel would have loved it.
Our paddle was so incredibly peaceful. We did not see anyone until very near the end. We docked, turned over the kayak and drove back to see the girls. They were, as always happy to greet us and everyone was ready for dinner. Rob cranked up the grill and we had some great food to include fresh corn still in the husks. I soaked it in water and then he grilled it. It was absolutely delicious and so sweet.
We finished our evening with the movie Eddie the Eagle. It is the story of British Olympian Michael "Eddie" Edwards. Really good story.
Another great day in this thing we call life.







No comments:
Post a Comment