ANOTHER SPECTACULAR SUPERCELL!
We also drove through another hailstorm core and it got noisy!
WE WERE ALL FASCINATED WITH THE SIZE OF THE STONES. WE HAD STOPPED AT A ROADSIDE STOP AND EVERYONE WAS TRYING TO TAKE A POTTY BREAK. THE GIRLS WERE WELL AWAY FROM THE VANS WHEN WE HEARD THE HORNS AND PEOPLE YELLING "HAIL!" WE QUICKLY MADE OUR WAY BACK TO THE COVER OF THE VANS. NOONE GOT HIT BUT ONE WINDSHIELD ON THE VAN WILL HAVE TO BE REPLACED.
We viewed one storm from a distance and I was glad for this. I did not want to see this fella get bonked on the head.
I also took a few extra pics of the surroundings.
Our last supercell was followed by a pretty good lightening storm. We were quite a few miles from it so I tried my hand at photographing it.
We finished our night with a get together out by the pool.
ONE OF THE WONDERFUL THINGS ABOUT TRAVELING IS THE PEOPLE YOU MEET. A FEW OF US DECIDED TO WALK TO A GAS STATION ACROSS THE STREET AND GET A DRINK TO CAP OFF THE NIGHT. A TWELVE PACK OF CORONA EXTRA SEEMED FITTING. WE SAT OUT UNTIL ANOTHER STORM FORCED US INTO OUR ROOMS.
We are headed north today. Because a cold front is pushing all the way to the gulf, Roger does not expect any more severe weather.
Another great day in this thing we call life.




No comments:
Post a Comment