Saturday, June 11, 2016

A day off, the neighbors and home made wine

We decided that Friday would be a day off.  We had put in quite a few miles hiking over the past few days and we were both feeling it.  We were also letting Penny Lane and Annie Belle rest their feet.  Penny would probably go until she dropped and she was showing that one of her paws was a bit sore.We are living in the motorhome but still acting like we are on vacation.  We vacation hard.  We are not rushing things but we are always finding something to do.

I wanted to do a bit of cleaning and Rob needed to spend some time at the computer so we just had a leisurely cup of coffee and enjoyed the morning.

Our adventure down the back roads of Spruce Knob had left Clark filthy.  The road was riddled with mud puddles and we managed to hit most of them square on.  I took Clark to a local car wash and gave him a good bath.  My cousin Heather aka Hedge and I always text each other when we go through the car wash.
HEATHER LEE....LOVE MY COUSINS

 No long notes or anything, just the announcement that we are going through the car wash.  I am not sure what started it but we have been doing it for quite a while now.

When I got back from the car wash, I started cleaning the motorhome windows.  This requires a tall step ladder and some time but needs to be done.  The front windshield of Lewis is huge and is definitely a bug magnet.  I also like to get the bugs off the front so that the paint stays fresh.  If you know me  at all, this does not surprise you.  I like things to be clean.  I do not necessarily like to clean but I really like for things to be clean.

I went all the way around Lewis and got him all shiny.  I had the company of some resident ducks.  These ducks are either fearless or dumb.  We have two dogs and the neighbors to one side have three and the neighbors to the other side have two.  The ducks kept trying to make themselves at home near the RV but one of the seven dogs prevented that.

After I cleaned and Rob got his admin stuff done, we decided to go for a trail run.  Rob had picked a trail not too far from the camp and we had a good, hilly run.  It was a nice shaded run and we had an excellent workout with the hills.  We returned to camp and we were greeted by one really ticked off Penny Lane Carr.  She seemed to know that we had gone on a run without her and she let us know that she did not appreciate it.  To add insult to injury, she had to wear her cone while we were gone.
THE CONE MAKES HER VERY SAD

I made a bit of dinner for us and we were sitting outside chatting when our neighbor Dave came over and invited us to try some homemade wine.  One white and one dark.  I would like to say red but it was not red, it was grape.  It looked and tasted just like communion.  It was actually pretty decent but I cannot imagine the nasty hangover it would bring if the drinker overindulged. 
DIBACCO WINE
Dave and his wife Beth had pulled in on Thursday.  They are really nice and have since been joined by their daughter, her husband and their baby Ashton.  Ashton is seven weeks old and just a doll.  They also have a Golden doodle Sully.  He is very similar to Penny Lane.  Between us, we have five dogs so whose dog is barking is just not an issue.  They all bark.  Annie Belle barks just because.  She cannot even see what is going on but she barks anyway.

Friday was a good at home day.  We took care of the necessaries and got to know our neighbors.  The weather was perfect and the long days of June are most welcome.

On a side note.  I got to Google chat with Megan for 20 minutes or so.  She has moved in with a host family in Beijing and says they are wonderful.  She is living with Mom, a seven year old girl, grandma and grandpa.  The father works out of country.  Megan is still suffering a bit from jet lag but says she is so happy to be there.  You go girl!!!

Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment