Moving day just goes better if we get a little exercise and then follow it with a bite to eat. One of us gets REALLY HANGRY if he does not eat. I will not mention any names.
We are getting better at prepping to move. It is definitely a process and having two people just makes it so much easier. We have taken on certain areas and then we cross check. We have managed to avoid ripping off awnings, steps, pipes etc...
Our destination was located about eight miles outside of Elkins, WV, West Virginia is hill country so Rob got some good driver's training and Lewis got a good workout. We had a few narrow roads getting through the hills and it was a bit nerve wracking for me (a bit of a control freak) and I was not driving. Rob does an awesome job and I am sure I will be less nervous as we get more experience.
PENNY LANE ALWAYS GETS A BIT NERVOUS WHEN WE START MOVING SO SHE NEEDED TO SIT WITH ME. POOR LITTLE ANNIE IS TRYING TO SIT IN MY LAP.
As we were driving down one of those narrow roads, I got a text from Megan. It still amazes me that technology has gotten us to a point that we can be driving in backwoods West Virginia and still get texts from our daughter in China. We both loaded an app called Viber and it seems to work really well. She and I text for about ten minutes. I was happy to hear from her and to know that she was well.
We made it to our campground and as we drove to our assigned site, we were greeted by a pig. I was not expecting to have a pig greet us and follow us to our site but I was not really surprised. It is West Virginia so..... The resident peacock also made itself known but kept a distance.
THE PIG
It seemed as though this pig was under the impression that she was needed to help us get settled and I had to eventually shoo her away. It is hard enough to back a 38 foot motor home into a camp spot without having a pig in the way. She finally found something else to do and we got parked and set up. She is clean (for a pig) and very sweet and I will take time to meet her later today.
WE ARE RIGHT ON THE RIVER WITH A RESPECTABLE AMOUNT OF ELEVATION SO FLASH FLOODING IS NOT A CONCERN.
Once we were set up, we walked the girls and then made our way to the camp restaurant. We had a cold beer on tap and shared a BLT and Nachos.
The campground is called Revelle's River Resort. It sits on the Shavers Fork River. The jury is still out on how we rate it but the aesthetics are really nice. It is clean, the river is shallow and the water is moving. We are surrounded by the hills/mountains and we slept with the windows open last night.
Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:
Post a Comment