Sometimes, if I am channel surfing and I see it listed, I will stop and watch it. I just enjoy the simplicity.
I remember the narrator talking about Walton's Mountain and the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Rob had already looked it up and there is actually a Walton's Mountain Museum in the town of Schuyler, VA.
Did you know that there isn't a Walton family?(at least not as far as the show goes) The real family name is Hamner. Earl Hamner created the name Walton and the names of all the characters in the show but based the stories on his own family history.
The museum is quaint and definitely iconic if you grew up like I did.
I will not say that everyone should go but I really enjoyed it.
We headed back to Lewis and stopped at a little diner along the way. One of those middle of nowhere places but the soup was good.
The girls were happy to have us back and we loaded them up and found a trail.
We spent the rest of our evening sitting outside reading.
Another good day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment