Sunday, May 15, 2016

Antietam, the new digs and friends.

Our night in the casino parking lot was uneventful.  I do not think Penny Lane or Annie Belle were very impressed with the surroundings but the did just fine.
Antietam National Battlefield was only 20 or so miles from the casino so we decided that would be a good place to stop on our way to Carlisle.  I am not a huge Civil War buff but I do find short visits to be very interesting.  The history of this war is sad but it happened so why not learn something about it?  Our stop also gave us a great opportunity to take the girls on a good long walk before we got in the RV for our trip to Carlisle.



                                       I LOVE THIS TREE ALL BY ITSELF IN THE FIELD

We had planned ahead and had a spot at a campground called Dogwood Acres.  It is out in the country and close to a nice state park that has good trails for running and hiking.  We got to Dogwood, checked in, set up and then Rob and I went for a run.
 I love running the back roads of PA.  It is like having the whole world to myself.  Peaceful and beautiful.  The hills are a bear but it makes for a great run.

Another great thing about Dogwood Acres is that it is very close to our friends the Hoovers.  After our run, we cleaned up a bit and went to visit.  Laurrie and I have been good friends for quite a few years now and our visits are always so much fun.


 Megan will be meeting us here today and she will be staying with the Hoovers some.  I am excited to see my girl for a couple of weeks before she heads to China.

                                           Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment