I am on my way to Colorado to link up with my Storm Chasing group and Megan has several things she has planned for the week before she heads to China. We will see each other next weekend before she leaves.
Our camp has changed quite a bit in the last month. The trees are in their full glory and the Ospreys have all chosen partners and are guarding their nests with vigor.
I WAS DEFINITELY GETTING A "WHAT YOU LOOKING AT?" VIBE FROM THIS COUPLE
The sunsets offered at the camp are still lovely. Our water view is wide and clear.
Megan stayed with us in the RV Thursday and Friday night. We got a good trail run yesterday. The Basin trail winds around the water's edge and the trees offer good shade. Mother Nature pulled a fast one and we went from cool and rainy to just plain hot. We followed our run with a bite to eat and then we were off to do errands. We are trying to get Megan supplied with items that she will need when her feet hit the ground in China.
A little bit about the Little Annie That Could. Rob and I were sitting outside with the girls. Megan was still snoozing. Penny Lane was leashed and just kind of hanging out and Annie was sitting near my chair. A couple of young boys walked by with their Labradoodle (Sophie) and Miss Annie decided that she needed to guard her turf. She took off running, barking and growling at this 45+lb dog. The two boys just started laughing and the dog just looked amused. Annie was not to be taken so lightly and continued to pursue Sophie until I retrieved her. I am not sure what got into her but she was definitely feeling her oats.
I am now sitting at Reagan Airport awaiting my flight to Denver. I am going to have another go at Storm Chasing Camp. The events of last year seem to have tempered my enthusiasm but I am sure I will get much more excited as I get going.
Another great day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment