First, let me say Happy Memorial Day. Let us all enjoy this day but let us also remember what it is really about.
We spent all of yesterday heading south from Denver in pursuit of storms in southwest Texas. We clocked 704 miles by the time we checked in at the hotel. We did not see any huge super cells or tornadoes but we did see some amazing weather.
WE WERE EXTREMELY HOPEFUL THAT THIS CELL WOULD DEVELOP BUT IT DID NOT. IT WAS FOLLOWED BY AN AMAZING HABOOB SO NOT ALL WAS LOST.
I STILL LOVE MY FLOWER SHOTS
As we were nearing the end of our day, we pulled off of a main road.(I use this term lightly) and got out to watch an Haboob approach. Haboobs are HUGE dust storms that form when conditions are just right.
THE HABOOB IS JUST BEHIND THIS OLD HOUSE AND THE WINDS ARE REALLY PICKING UP
THE PINK TINT IS THE HABOOB ROLLING ACROSS THE FIELD
The Haboob made the Weather Channel so that is pretty cool. I did a separate blog post of an awesome Youtube video. We were right in the middle of it for at least 45 minutes. It got very dark and VERY windy. I had dust boogers to clear out when we got to the hotel. Gross but true story.
Day two will put us back on the road but not nearly so far.
Another great day in this thing we call life.


No comments:
Post a Comment