Rob and I took a run with Penny Lane. Running the back roads of Pennsylvania is just beautiful this time of year. The wheat fields are so green. A little wind makes the stalks undulate in a way that gives you the impression that you are looking at an "ocean" of green. The rainy days were a pain but the post rain blue skies are just gorgeous!
We followed our run with a trip to Carlisle to take care of some paperwork. Nothing fun or exciting but definitely necessary. Megan and I also made a run to the commissary. We finished those chores and headed back to hang out with the dogs.
Megan and I decided to take the girls for a walk around the campground. We had not gotten very far when Annie Belle found something to roll in. I do not recall another time that she has done this but she really liked whatever she found. She rolled and flopped and then rolled some more. She got so involved in it that Penny Lane seemed genuinely concerned that there was something wrong.
ANNIE BELLE REALLY "FEELING IT"FORTUNATELY, WHATEVER IT WAS, IT DID NOT STINK
When Annie finished her shenanigans, she was totally spent and truly seemed buzzed. Megan decided to pick her up and carry her for a bit. She proclaimed that Annie was like a "sack of potatoes."
CHECK OUT ANNIE'S HAIR
We also saw a sweet little chipmunk and a robin. Nothing amazing but good practice for the still new camera.
ROWENA
Rob and I finished our day with dinner with the Smiths. Jan and Steve are just awesome folks and great dinner company. We had such a good time and actually closed the place down. I will admit we did it old folks style. The restaurant closed at 9pm. We left at 9:25. Woohoo! It was wonderful to see them and catch up.
Another great day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment