Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Minnesota State Fair

Tuesday was our last full day together so we decided to go to The Minnesota State Fair.
FRESH ROASTED EARS OF CORN

The State Fair is huge and it was fairly crowded.  I am pretty sure it was not nearly so crowded as it was over the weekend. 

We were not really interested in rides but we love looking at all the livestock.  There was a sheep building, a cow building and a swine building.

SHEEP BUTT JUDGING?

HE KINDA LOOKS LIKE THE SHEEP EXECUTIONER

THE COW SHACK

VIOLET

SMILING PIG

SMILING PIG

AND ANOTHER SMILING PIG
IF WE EVER HAVE A FARM....I WILL HAVE AT LEAST ONE SMALL PIG

The fair also had so many food vendors.  We managed to just look at most of it but we did try a few things.  I bought a serving of fried cheese curds...Wow!  
THEY LITERALLY SELL BUCKETS OF COOKIES.  I AM TALKING A HEAPING BUCKET THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO EAT TEN COOKIES JUST TO GET THE TOP ON.  I DID NOT GET ONE.  I LOVE COOKIES BUT I DO NOT LOVE GLUTEN OR A ZILLION GRAMS OF SUGAR.


I AM SKEPTICAL

We spent several hours strolling.  

There were giant sunflowers.

And some really impressive restored tractors.

 CIRCA 1930



The Minnesota state fair was really good.  So many people just having a day out with friends and family.

We headed back to the RV and Megan spent the evening packing for her next adventure.  She will be traveling around and will meet us in Philly on the 16th.  We will be running the Rock N Roll half with our friends Cristin and Javier and then it is off to London for Megan.  Rob and I have many things on our planner.

Another great day in this thing we call life.



No comments:

Post a Comment