My Monday started at around 1:15 am.
Megan was flying back from China on Monday. Her host family was taking her to the airport.
MEGAN'S WONDERFUL HOST FAMILY
HOST MOM AND HOST SISTER
With the 12 hour time difference, her 1pm Monday afternoon was my 1am Monday morning. She was texting me as she headed to the airport, got checked in, got to her gate and boarded. I was relieved to get the news. Missing a plane out of Beijing is probably not a pleasant experience.
I finally got up at around 4:30 and started doing a bit of work. We needed to clean Lewis and Clark and I needed to stay busy. I also kept an eye on the United app to know her arrival status and where her plane was.
We headed to the airport and set about waiting. International flights can take a bit of time so we just kept busy watching families reunite. I love that about airports. Arrivals are fun to watch.
Megan's flight landed and she finally emerged.
We got all her bags and loaded them into the car. She was hungry so we went to the Silver Diner and had a late meal. We chatted a mile a minute. So much catching up to do!
Her lack of sleep and the 14 hour flight were catching up with her so we got her to her room and said our goodnights.
It was hard to believe that Megan had been gone eight weeks. I really missed her but the time did fly. I worried about her but I am so glad she got to go. She had some amazing experiences, saw some amazing things and met some amazing people. She learned about the Chinese culture and dabbled with the language a bit. She got to teach English to small children and had a wonderful host family.
Another great day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment