Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Habitat day 8 and dirty laundry (literally)

Wednesday dawned rainy and windy.  Penny Lane does not like windy weather in the RV.   She kept me up a good bit of the night worrying about the awning popping in the wind.  I finally got up at 0245 and pulled it in.  She was still way too busy for my taste but she did settle a bit.


LONELY LOCOMOTIVE

We arrived at the job site and it was really muddy.  My window egress would have to wait until a dryer day so I moved inside with the others.
I got to practice a new skill today in that I build headers.

HEADERS.  EXTRA FRAMING AROUND DOOR FRAMES

When I finished the headers, I pitched in with the dry wall.  Dry wall, for me,  is the bane of building.  It is incredibly labor intensive and just plain tiring.  Everyone helped lift, cut and drive drywall screws.  We did get quite a bit done and I am sure that the homeowner will be so excited.  I would imagine we will get it all hung before we leave.  Rob has been working really hard and still has his smile.
FILTHY BUT HAPPY

We finished our work and cleaned up.  It is nice in that we do not have to put everything in the trailer and lock it up.  We have doorknobs now so we can leave most of the stuff in the house.  

We got home and the girls were ecstatic.
BONDING

MORE BONDING

One of many lessons learned on this build, is choice of job sites.  We are camped at the local fair grounds and we have water and electric but no sewer.  That means that we have to be careful with water use.  The showers at the fairgrounds are decent but I cannot use my washer and dryer.  That is not the best of situations since we get really dirty most days.  I am currently sitting at a coffee shop while our clothes wash at the laundromat across the street.  Not the worst thing by any means but I prefer to use my own washer and dryer.  Minor first world problem.

The weeks is going well.  We are sore and tired at the end of each day but that is to be expected.  Habitat is a good thing.  
RANDOM CONTRAST PHOTO

All is well in our world.

Another great day in this thing we call life.




No comments:

Post a Comment