We got to the job site Thursday morning and got to work on the drywall. The guys worked on the big walls and Cheri and I worked on closets. The closets are tight but we got them done. We actually finished all the drywall today. The entire home is now ready for mud and tape. The local Habitat affiliate hires a professional to do the work.
I must give a shout our to Valspar paint and Yale locks and hardware. I found out today that both of these companies support Habitat nationally. They donate all the paint and all the doorknobs and locks. Good for them!
It has taken a bit of time but we seem to have gotten into a better groove as a group. The folks that wanted to show that they knew it all have calmed a bit and everyone is getting along fairly well. I am glad that those of us that took a bit of lip in the beginning just kept being kind. It is the best approach and it worked in this situation,
Tomorrow is our last day building and we will hit the road on Saturday. We are ready to explore.
We finished our work today and went right back to the RV. The last few days have been dusty and hard. We usually return to Lewis and make it as far as our outdoor chairs. The girls come out with us and we sit and rest a bit.
PENNY LANE AND HER DAD
I have promised homemade pizza tonight. It is so tempting to just go out and eat but homemade pizza is awesome. It would be better if someone else made it but.....
NOM
We are sitting in the library using the free wifi. We are definitely together apart.
I would imagine this evening will be like so many others since we arrived. We have our dinner, shower, watch TV or read and then we are all out for the count.
We have enjoyed Habitat but we are happy that tomorrow is our last day.
We will be pulling out fairly early on Saturday. There is a wedding and a Tractor Pull at the fairgrounds. I am trying to imagine the combination but we plan to be out of the way.
Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:
Post a Comment