Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Update, more hiking, running and breweries

First, a quick update on the person I blogged about on Monday.  She sent me a text and photo yesterday and she is in Florida with her children.  She looked so happy and her kids looked even happier.  We wish her well.

Monday was a hike day. We got the girls ready to go and headed out to a local state park/lake.  Penny seems to sense when we are going to a swim area.  She gets very excited in the car and if we did not love dogs so much, she would drive us crazy.  Penny can be very vocal and car rides to unknown destinations bring that out in her.

We got to the park and made our way to a trail that, according to the map, would put us close to the lake.  It did not disappoint.

PLAYING STICK



We had a good hike, Penny Lane got in some good swimming and Annie spent most of it in the pack.  It was a bit warm out and she just does not want to hike in the heat.  I did get her out and give her a bit of a dunking just to keep her cool.

On the drive back, we saw a few Longhorns.
THE LONER

We also went through a really small, quaint town called Pilot Point. 

OLD BANK BUILDING

The town square was small but I could just picture the days when it was the place to be.  So many of theses small old towns have these amazing buildings and gathering places but they have been forgotten.  They lay unused and replaced by malls and shopping centers.  I love to go to areas and see places like this revitalized and reinvented.  This town is still waiting.

We got back to the RV and sat outside with drinks, dogs,  and puzzle books.  
ANNIE SITTING IN THE SUN

We spent the rest of our Monday enjoying the beautiful weather that Texas has shared with us.  It has been sunny and warm with some wind.

Tuesday was going to be a bit of an admin day but we decided to go for a run first.  Rob and I got ready and tried to avoid eye contact with Penny.  She always wants to go but it was a bit too warm to have her on a run.  We left the pups and made our way to Little Elm Park and the Johnny Broyles Trail.  



THE LITTLE ELM PARK TRAIL WAS PAVED.  NOT GREAT AS FAR AS IMPACT GOES BUT A REALLY NICE TRAIL.  THE BROYLES TRAIL WAS DIRT.

We had a nice run and felt a bit guilty for not taking Penny.  We ran along a lake and she would have had ample opportunities to swim.  Maybe next time.

After running, we went back to Lewis and had coffee.  I made a little breakfast and we sat about getting things done.  I did my morning chores and then got cleaned up to go out and run a few errands.  I needed to find a PetsMart.

I got directions via my phone and followed Siri's instructions.  She coaxed me down this road and through that turn.  About 15 minutes into the trip, she announced "arrived at destination."  Ummm....no.  I was nowhere near a PetsMart.  I shut her down, looked again and found what I needed.  I think that was the first time Siri had ever sent me on a wild goose chase.

After getting all our admin stuff done, we decided to go check out a place called The Towers Brewery.  The brewery was next to a small lake with a wake boarding course.  The wake boarders were pulled through the water by a cable system instead of boats.  It was very cool to watch them board, jump and crash.

A LITTLE BOY JUST WENT OVER THE RAMP ON THE RIGHT.  HE BLENDS RIGHT INTO THE BACKGROUND SO YOU CANNOT SEE HIM.

The food at the Brewery was good and we were able to sit outside and watch the wake boarders.  

Tuesday ended with a dog walk and some quiet time.

Another great day in this thing we call life.






No comments:

Post a Comment