Monday, March 13, 2017

Getting back to the RV life

We had a great time in Utah but we were so happy to be back in the RV.  The fact that we have everything we need without too many extras is liberating.  We are consistently humbled by the reality of our blessings.  We worked hard, we met our obligations and we saved.  Rob could have worked much longer and may some day work again.  For now, we are enjoying this amazing opportunity.

I got up Saturday morning and fixed a pot of coffee.  Rob slept in a bit but eventually joined me.  Daylight Savings Time had kicked in so it seemed late.

I will keep my rant about DST very short.  What an absolutely ridiculous waste of time.  Done.

We both wanted to go for a run but we did not want to go at the same time.  I had a bit of breakfast, stretched and made myself go for a run.  My endorphin starved psyche wanted the run.  My sore back and body wanted to hang out by the fire.  I usually choose the endorphin fix because I know the soreness gets better with exercise.

After a nicely paced morning, we decided to go for a hike.  We usually take both girls but we decided to leave Annie home.  She was visibly tired from the trip and the fatigue along with the stress can take a toll on her.  I often have to take her Addison's Disease into consideration when we go out.  I sometimes have to balance her perceived condition vs her actual condition.  She does not like to be left in the RV but she also stresses in new environments.  It was a bit cool out and I decided she was best left in her bed with heat, food and water.

We drove to the Clear Creek Natural Heritage Center and chose a nice loop trail.  Penny was extremely excited to get a good hike after two days in the car.
DOG OUT FRONT


The trail was nice and dry and fairly flat.  We will come back and run this trail before we move.  We observed a few small signs of spring as we made our way.



The trail also took us around a fairly boggy looking lake.


We finished our hike, loaded our happy dog and drove back to the RV.  We made a quick stop for a few groceries and went home.   We were received by an indignant six pound Annie Belle.  She did not hesitate to let us know that she did not like being left behind.  Pet parenting is difficult.

Rob got the grill going and we had a nice dinner of steak, baked potatoes and salad.  The girls got a bit of grill fare and all was forgiven by Annie.  The rest of our evening was soothingly quiet.

Another great day in this thing we call life.





No comments:

Post a Comment