Saturday, September 10, 2016

Thursday/Friday combination.

Thursday was a down day.

As I have mentioned before, we try to take one day a week to get caught up on things.  We pay bills, check accounts, send emails, clean, and rest.

We were parked at a campground near Minneapolis and we like this particular place.  It is clean, quiet and reasonably priced.  The staff are incredibly efficient and pleasant.  We will return to Dakotah Meadows later this month when we attend the Ryder Cup.

If you do not know:  The Ryder Cup is a biennial men's golf competition between teams from Europe and the United States. The competition is contested every two years with the venue alternating between courses in the United States and Europe. The Ryder Cup is named after the English businessman Samuel Ryder who donated the trophy. 

This year's Ryder Cup will be played at Hazeltine Golf Club which is just 12 miles from the campground.


  We planned this particular adventure month's ago and we are glad we did.  The camp will be beyond full during the tournament days.  I am curious as to what the weather conditions will be.  My guess is that it could be a real mixed bag.  It could be shorts and golf shirts or it could be long pants, shirt and jacket.  Regardless,  I will be donning my red, white, and blue in support of the US.  Rob and I are very excited to be attending.

Thursday rolled into Friday and we were on the road.  We headed to Green Bay, Wisconsin.  We have plans here on 25 September but we also have a half marathon in Philadelphia, PA on the 18th.  

While she was in China, Megan suggested that the three of us run the Philadelphia Rock n Roll Half Marathon.  It sounded like a good idea so I went online and registered.  We knew our calendar was full but we were determined to make it work.  We decided that we would finish our adventures in Minnesota, travel to Green Bay, park Lewis at a campground, drive Clark to Philly, run the half, get Megan to the airport for her travels to London, and then drive back to Green Bay for our plans on the 25th.  Whew!

So, we are parked at a camp in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  We will stay here for a couple of days and then start making our way to Philly.  We will meet Megan and our friends Cristin and Javier and the five of us will run the Rock n Roll half together.  I found an apartment through Airbnb so we can all stay together with our pups.  WE WILL HAVE FUN!!!
FUN TIMES

Rob and I went to a place last night called Graystone Ale House.  It is located in a town just outside Green Bay called Depere.  The food was great,(they have many gluten free options) the service was awesome and they are good people.  I can attest to this because I left my purse hanging on the back of my chair and did not realize it until we got back to the RV.  We called and they had it.  Rob went back to the restaurant, they checked his ID, and then returned my purse.  Lucky me.  I usually leave my purse in the RV when we go out.    Should I carry it more so I learn to remember it or should I carry it even less so I cannot forget it?  Another paradox in life.

Another great day in this thing we call life.



No comments:

Post a Comment