Last year, in one of his last minute shopping frenzies, he purchased tickets to a Green Bay Packers game. These tickets ended up being my Christmas present. I was thrilled! I had never been to a NFL game and watching the Packers at Lambeau Field was at the top of my list if I ever went. Rob always buys two tickets and assumes he will be my "other."
I did not marry a dummy.
Fast forward exactly nine months from Christmas Day, 2015 and we were at Lambeau Field.
We were camped in a town about 15 miles from Lambeau. I had chatted with some other campers and gotten the scoop on parking. I got the number of a lady named Lori and she offered parking in her yard for $10. Her home was only a few blocks from the field.
It is obvious that the game day tradition is ingrained in this city. Getting in was really easy. We parked and started walking. Packer fans were coming from all directions and the excitement was in the air.
During our walk, I met Spike.
TINY PACKER FAN
The parking lot was full of tail gaters. The food and alcohol were flowing but I will say that these fans were a very well behaved group.
OLD AMBULANCE TURNED PACKER FAN MOBILE
ONE OF THE TAIL GATER LOTS
Rob and I walked all the way around the outside of Lambeau and really enjoyed watching and listening to the fans. We did not see one single incident that required policing.
We made our way to the entrance nearest our gate and walked around the inside first level concourse. We checked our all the food vendors, people watched and made our way to our seats. We also looked at the field from several angles.
Much of the seating at Lambeau is bench style. I had heard about this and was really happy that we were able to rent seats that attached to the benches. These seats provided some padding and some back support. Yay for padding and back support!
We got ourselves settled and waited for the game to start.
Just a few minutes before the start, a young couple came in to find two guys in their seats. It was later figured out that these two guys wanted to sit with a group of three other guys in that succession of seats. The guys offered their seats on the other side of the field in exchange for being allowed to stay where they were. The young couple wanted their seats because they had family sitting nearby. I looked at Rob and we quickly offered to trade. We were just happy to be there and the seats were at the same level but on the Packers bench side of the field. The guys that wanted to sit together were happy, the young couple was happy and Rob and I were happy to help. One of the guys even gave us $20 to seal the deal. That $20 bought our lunch.
We gathered our stuff and hustled to the other side of the field. We made it in time for the National Anthem and the flyover.
The game was good and watching it from the venue was awesome. It was packed and seating was literally hip to hip. An empty bench space was just a sign that someone went to get food, beer or bathroom break.
A LITTLE CHEESE HEAD
The Packers came out fast and scored quickly. They were awesome the first half but nearly gave away a 31 point lead by the end of the 4th quarter.
With the game nearly over, we gathered our things, walked to the car and returned to Lewis and the girls.
I cannot say that God is a Packer's fan but he did give Packer's fans a break on this football day. We had fabulous weather. Sunny and mild with light winds. Less than 30 minutes after the game ended, the skies opened up and it rained, and rained and rained.
Our day ended with a light dinner and an episode of "From the Earth to the Moon."
Another great day in this thing we call life.



No comments:
Post a Comment