Monday, September 12, 2016

Heading East

We got up Sunday and got Lewis ready for a bit of downtime.  We were going to travel to Philadelphia but really did not want to drive the beast all the way there and then have to drive it all the way back to Minnesota for the Ryder Cup.  So...We got Lewis buttoned up and headed east in Clark.

We were in the Green Bay area so we headed south and made our way towards Chicago.  We would have to go around Lake Michigan and then head east.  I have never really been drawn to Chicago and, after just a drive through and around, I still am not.  I am sure it has its good points and I know it has the Cubs but....UGH!  We made it around and onto our easterly road in fairly good time.

We were headed to Elkhart, Indiana just because it was a reasonable drive from Green Bay.  We would be driving past Notre Dame University and Rob wanted to visit the campus.

We checked into our hotel and got the girls settled.  We donned our running clothes and headed to campus.
WHAT A BOSS


The run was nice and the campus was pretty.  It was REALLY QUIET which was a little weird.  A beautiful Sunday on a college campus and we saw very few kids moving around.

We returned to our room and picked up the girls to take them for a walk.  We headed to the Elkhart Riverwalk.  


We had a really nice walk and Penny Lane got to get her feet wet.  The river was moving really fast so she only got to go wading.

I will have to say that I, like so many, was a bit preoccupied with the fact that Sunday was 9/11.  I was actually anxious when I got up Sunday morning. 

So many memories.

Our day was good and we finished with dinner and chilling in a hotel room.

Another great day in this thing we call life.




No comments:

Post a Comment