Thursday, September 15, 2016

Hershey, PA and commo problems

We are currently in Hershey, PA.

 Thrilling attractions, luxurious accommodations, breathtaking gardens, sweet deals and mouth-watering treats — you’ll find something for every season in Hershey. This chocolate-coated candy kingdom has grown from Milton S. Hershey’s company town to
hysignan internationally known community, complete with a world-class amusement park and resort complex. There’s no getting around it. Hershey has built a reputation for itself, and remains proud of it. Throughout the community, visitors will find reminders of its sweet heritage, from the heavenly smell of chocolate in the making to streets like Chocolate and Cocoa avenues that are lined with Hershey’s Kisses street lights. A stroll through the magnificent Hershey Gardens gives you a glimpse of Mr. Hershey’s tribute to his wife.

There is a huge RV show in Hershey every September and Rob and I have been to this show many times.  We actually bought our first RV, Milton, at the Hershey show.
MILTON...OUR FIRST RV

We had Milton for a few years and Rob and I took an amazing three week journey in him in 2011.  We traded Milton when we got Lewis.  As most of you know, Lewis is our home and we love it.  We still have a home that is not on wheels but we love this lifestyle.

LEWIS

PENNY LANE ON HER COUCH

PENNY LANE SHARING HER COUCH


We came to the show this year to look at accessories and the plethora of campgrounds/brochures that are made available.  It is always fun to look at motor homes as owners vs buyers.  We looked at things with a totally different approach and I can say that I saw nothing there that I liked better that Lewis.  I say that taking price into consideration.   We looked at a unit that was $456,000.  It was amazing but still had what ours does with lots more bling.  Anyway, it was fun to look but we had zero stress because we were not looking to buy.

We are staying at a Red Roof Inn just a few miles away.  Red Roofs are no where near the top of the hotel food chain but they are reasonably priced and they all allow dogs.  To top that, they do not charge for dogs.  Most hotels charge a dog fee and some are just ridiculous.  Marriott charges $75-$100 even if it is just for one night.  Other chains do the same.  Since we are just moving down the road from day to day, Red Roof works.

The particular Red Roof we are staying in is pretty decent.  The owners have taken steps to make it nice.  It is clean and you can drive right up to the door.

I was going to go to TripAdvisor today and rate this hotel.  I like the place, as Red Roofs go, but had an interesting experience this morning.  I went to the office to get coffee.  They clearly advertise that tea and coffee are available 24hours a day.  I got to the door and it was locked.  There was already a woman there trying to check out.  She was laying on the buzzer and she was getting really frustrated because no one was coming to the door.  I encouraged her to just leave her keys but she wanted to hand them over.  They were the plastic cards so no big deal to leave them in the room.  We stood there for a few minutes and she finally decided to take my advice leave the keys.  Right after she left, a man came from a back room and opened the door from the inside.  He proceeded to glare at me and ask me "Lady what you want?"  I tried to explain to him that I was not the one laying on the buzzer and that a couple had tried to check out.  He asked me "check out?" and I said no....I just wanted a coffee.  He proceeded to give me very nasty looks and mutter under his breath but his English skills were fairly non existent.  Basic story is:  This place advertised something that they do not provide and they do not speak English well enough to communicate with customers.  This man was convinced that I was the one laying on the buzzer and he was pissed that I wanted a cup of coffee at 0615 in the morning.
I struggle with situations like this.  I believe in immigration but it needs to be legal immigration.  I also believe that if you open a business, you need a good grasp of the language.  Here I was, in Hershey, PA, taking a ration of crap from a guy who was not providing what he said he would and then getting pissed with me because he could not understand me.  I was extremely frustrated but left and took my frustration with me.
I guess this is a bit of a rant but doggone it....

This event, in no way, rained on my parade.

Next stop Philadelphia, PA for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon!

Another great day in this thing we call life.


No comments:

Post a Comment