Thursday, March 24, 2016

Road Trip

I got a text/call from my friend Laurrie and she wanted to know if I wanted to meet her in Hancock, MD to walk while the rest of her gang rode bikes along the C&O Canal.  I am always up for an adventure so I said sure.
I headed out around 0630 this morning with both of the pups.  Rob had to work so it was a girls day out.  We arrived in Hancock and Laurrie got there right after I did.  The weather was wonderful and we had a nice long walk and solved all the world's problems.   We finished walking but the bikers had yet to make it back so we found a very cool place called BuddyLou's.  The fried bologna sandwiches on the menu caught my eye so we split that and a salad.  Fried bologna sandwiches were a staple when I was growing up.  To make them even healthier, we cooked them on white bread.  I decided that the healthy salad canceled out the not so healthy bologna.  Anyway, lunch was yummy.  Laurrie's biker gang made it back and as they got ready to load, I headed back to Lewis.  Both of my girls were happy but exhausted.  We are back in the RV and Penny has had a bath.  She looks beautiful!
                  "NO LAURRIE...I DO NOT WANT A BITE OF YOUR SANDWICH"

                                      "JUST FOOLING....I REALLY DO WANT A BITE."

                                                             A LITTLE HISTORY

                               C&O CANAL TRAIL.  GREAT FOR BIKING OR WALKING

                                       LITTLE ANNIE HIKED FOR NEARLY TWO HOURS
                                                         ONE TIRED LITTLE GIRL

                                                       ALL CLEAN AND FLUFFY

                             BUT STILL WONDERING WHY ANNIE DID NOT GET A BATH

No comments:

Post a Comment