LEWIS
CLARK
PENNY LANE
ANNIE BELLE
MY WONDERFUL FAMILY!!!
DONNA, ROB, ROBB AND MEGAN
LEWIS AND CLARK
My husband Rob and I have been planning this adventure for many years. We wanted to move out of our traditional home and move into a RV. We wanted to take the time to get to know the RV (Lewis) and to practice moving while towing the car. (Clark) We spent YEARS looking at RVs. We listed pros and cons of each type and finally settled on a Tiffin Allegro. Clark is 38 feet long and has everything we need and more. Bonus elements for me were a washer/dryer, ceiling fan, fireplace, in motion satellite built in and in house vacuum.(I despise vacuuming but someone has to do it)
It was pretty obvious to us that our kids, though very supportive, wanted nothing to do with it. We felt it was best until they were older and had lives of their own. We are still there for them if needed but they are both well on their way to wonderful destinations of their own.
Rob is a retired Army Officer. He dedicated 31 years of his life to this great country. I was with him for most of it and our kids are both Army brats. We all sacrificed but we are better for it.
We decided to move into Lewis in November, 2015. We chose to stay at the same RV park for the entire winter to best prepare us for what might happen but also to allow us to seek assistance from known RV suppliers should we have any "incidents."
It is now March, 2016 and we have had a very successful live in experience. We did have one power outage that was blamed on an internal relay fuse in our inverter. This happened on a bitterly cold day/night in mid February. We survived with nary a frost bitten body part. We have learned soooo much about Lewis!!! Our slow but steady approach to this adventure has paid off so far.
Clark is our tow car. Towing a car behind a RV can be daunting and we waited, and waited and waited but finally gave it a go on Saturday the 19th of March. We left our winter camp site and made a 50 mile journey to a beautiful campsite on the Potomac River in Northern Virginia.
More pictures of this lovely place will follow but we arrived on a cool rainy weekend so I still need to get some good pictures.
I hope to keep this blog active. I may have gaps since we are not yet moving around very regularly.
Rob and I are often practically giddy with excitement! We are very close to living our dream.


This is a gym of mine as well! For now, I will live vicariously through you!
ReplyDelete*DREAM, not gym.
Delete