Monday, March 21, 2016

Fort Meade....continued

After our big snow, we did a lot of digging and even made snow benches.  We made a fire and sat out with a couple of cold Corona Extras.  The overall experience was not as bad as we had expected and we certainly felt like seasoned campers by the time it was over.
The snow stayed around for days and days.  Many of the residents of the camp pitched in and helped each other dig out.  Yes....I said many.  The campground was not full but there was probably around 35 campers there.  There was one family there with SIX KIDS!  6 Kids!  And she was pregnant and had number 7 before we left.  I could say so much about that but I will not.  There were many others there to include a few new friends.  My friend Maria lived a few sites away and she became Annie's sitter when we went to CA to ski.  We also met a couple named Julie and Bill and their dog Geneva.  One of the fun things about camping is you get to meet folks from all over.  Some are a bit odd (seven kids in a camper) and some are anti-social but few are mean or unfriendly.  I also got to meet so many dogs and we saw deer, groundhogs, geese and other critters.
So, Fort Meade Family Campground was a good place to start.
                                                               MY SNOW LADY

                                                       NATURAL REFRIGERATION

                                                  ROB ON THE SNOW BENCH

                                                     ROB AND DONNA SELFIE


No comments:

Post a Comment