After a truly memorable Easter morning of sunrise services, a run in the city, Cherry Blossoms along the tidal basin and breakfast, we finished our day with friends.
Cristin and Javier and their sweet little schnauzer Lola lived down the hall from us when we had our apartment in Arlington,VA. They had not gotten the grand tour of Lewis so we thought Easter Sunday would be a great opportunity for them to come to the camp for a cookout. What a fine evening we had! We grilled by the campfire and had steak, baked potatoes and a yummy salad. We finished the meal with Lemon Pie.
As many of you know, pet owners often have activities for their pets if there are no children around. We were no exception to that rule. I fixed a plastic egg for each of the dogs and I put Peeps for dogs in them. I hid the eggs in separate areas (or Penny Lane would have eaten all of them) and we each took a dog to her egg area. It went fast but it was fun. Penny Lane gobbled her Peeps and Lola quickly followed suit. Little Annie took her time and still has some left. The day ended too quickly but we had such a good time.
Monday dawned rainy and windy. I decided it was a good day for laundry, cleaning and reading. It was a lousy day for a run so I made it a day off. Penny spent the entire day recovering from her busy weekend and always misses Rob on Mondays. I think she spends the entire day waiting for his return. By the time he did make it home, the wind had subsided a bit and the rain was gone. We took the girls for a good walk and made a stop at the dog park. Penny Lane depleted what was left of her evening energy and all was good in her world.
It is sunny and cool this Tuesday morning in late March. Light winds and tons of sunshine made for a wonderful morning run for Penny Lane and mom.
I am starting a class tonight at Georgetown University. It is a seminar style class called Mini Med School. I have always been interested in medicine and I thought this would be a great way to garner some information from the pros. The class is built to allow the student to get what they want out of it. No pressure and open to anyone that chooses to register. It is runs in two hour sessions for eight weeks. The cost is $130. I think that is very reasonable.
ANNIE LOVING HER PEEPS
INSTABILI-----TREE.. GET IT?
DOGGY PEEPS
MY SWEET DOG NIECE LOLA
ANNIE'S EGG
PENNY LANE'S EGG
LOLA'S EGG
PENNY LANE'S MONDAY MORNING HANGOVER
FULLY RECOVERED THIS TUESDAY MORNING
AND READY TO RUN.
No comments:
Post a Comment