I was working in the RV this afternoon and I heard our little gang of razor (scooters) racing boys coming clattering by. The clatter was followed by what sounded like a crash and then I heard "oh no!" I looked outside and one of the little guys was on the ground holding body parts (not his head thank goodness) and another had zoomed away to tell his mom. I ran out and asked the little boy what happened and he said he was going too fast and crashed. He had peeled both of his knees and the crud he peeled them on was ground into the wounds. We have all done it and it hurts like a bear. I picked him up and carried him to our picnic table. As I was carrying him, he said "thank you ma'am." This little guy was probably 5-6 years old and still has the sweetest little voice and is still working on his r's. I got some paper towels and some water and started cleaning him up. He regularly said thank you and always called me ma'am. I got my Neosporin (I always have Neosporin) and smeared it all over his abrasions. I explained to him that it would help keep things from getting so sore. He was so near tears the whole time but was trying to be so brave. His name was George and I just fell in love with him. To be so young, so sweet, so brave and so polite....he just made me melt. Boy George you are a doll.
The day was beautiful. It started a bit cloudy but the sun joined us later and I got the dogs out several times. We were walking around the campsite and I noticed water pouring from one of the campers. This is never a good thing. Another couple came by and we decided that turning off the water was the first thing to do and I called the office. I hope they got in touch the owners and it was not as bad as it looked.
I snapped a few spring photos and the sunset was spectacular.

So many of my students have cuts and skinned knees right now! It's a sure sign that it has gotten warmer out and they're outside playing.
ReplyDelete