The wind was howling and Lewis was trembling and shaking. The slideouts have small awnings and they were really snapping.
As soon as Miss Annie figured out I was awake, she decided that she needed to go outside. I got her harness, her leash, a flashlight and my big stick and we went outside. I was shining my light around and under the RV. Since I'd seen the mountain lion and I often see the Javelina, I was making sure we were alone.
After Annie did her business, I noticed that two of the wheel covers were missing. I did a quick search and found both of them. I folded them and put them in the basement.
By the time I had gotten all of this done, I was wide awake. It was all of 0220 and I was up. I made coffee and got to work on my computer.
Daylight finally found its way into my day and I went back out to see what else had blown away. Everything else seemed fine so I got Penny Lane out for a walk. While we were out, I noticed that another cactus had bloomed.
After a nice morning walk and some more coffee, I decided to take the girls on a field trip. Penny was still missing her dad and outside time was going to be limited because of the wind.
We went to Petsmart. Penny pretty much took the lead and sniffed her way through the store. We went up one aisle and down another. We picked out a new bone and treats for both pups.
As we were getting ready to leave, I noticed a group of little kids. They were all preschool age and must have been part of a daycare group. They were noticing Penny and Annie and wanted to pet them. I sat on the floor with my dogs while all these little kids loved on them. Therapy all around. When they were finished, they all said thank you and we left.
As we were approaching Fort Huachuca, I noticed a lot of smoke coming from an area NW of our area. I knew a fire had been sparked on Sunday or Monday but it was obviously getting bigger.
The Sawmill Fire, as it is now being called, started in the Santa Rita Mountains. The high winds have fanned the fire and it has grown from 7500 acres to 20,000 in a very short period of time. The humidity is very low and the area is very dry so it is burning fast and furious.
There have been over 100 forced evacuations and even more voluntary evacuations and pre evacuation notices. The fire is now moving NE towards Interstate 10.
NOT MY PICTURE BUT A GOOD LOOK
Tankers have been flying and there are over 200 fire fighters battling the blaze. The fire is currently 7% contained and weather conditions are only making it more difficult.
I drove up to the top of reservoir hill to get a better look.
MOST OF THE CLOUDY LOOKING STUFF BELOW THE BLUE IS SMOKE
The wind is supposed to lighten up a bit tomorrow. It is also supposed to change direction. I hope they get a chance to slow this fire down. The winds are supposed to return tomorrow night and continue through Friday.
I know that fire does not make for a great day but the girls and I have had:
Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:
Post a Comment