Thursday, April 20, 2017

Driving to Tucson and a walk around the park

We all took a ride to Tucson yesterday.  The four of us went but only three of us came back.

Not to worry, we did not lose anyone, we just dropped Rob at the airport.  If it seems that we do that a lot, we do.

Rob is still traveling east to teach a class at Georgetown and he needs to go to Florida to see his dad.  He will be away for a bit so the girls and I will be bachelorettes.

After we got back from the airport, the girls and I took a nice walk and then I cleaned Clark(the car).

As the day waned, I got my camera and took a walk around the RV park.

As I was walking, I heard a bit of grunting and rustling in the woods.  I slowed my pace and came upon a group of Javelinas.

INCREDIBLE CAMO

I could smell them before I saw them.  Most of them ran but this guy decided to stay put.  He never moved.  I kept my distance, took a picture and backed away.

I have also noticed interesting spider webs on the ground.  I do not like spiders but I do have a lot of respect for their artistry.  
NOTICE THE HOLE IN THE WEB (AZ FUNNEL WEB SPIDER)

I did a little research on this spider and found out it is called a Funnel Web Spider.  Not to be confused with the highly toxic Funnel Web Spider found in Australia, the species native to AZ is harmless to humans and very shy.  Probably not as shy as I am to them but good to know that they do not have a toxic bite.
THE WEBS LOOK VERY SIMILAR (AUSTRALIA FUNNEL WEB)

AUSTRALIAN (SYDNEY) SPECIES OF FUNNEL WEB SPIDER

 The Sydney funnel-web’s fangs are very sharp and strong – and are much bigger than the fangs of a brown snake – with the ability to pierce through a fingernail and shoe leather. Their bites are initially much more painful than other spiders not only due to the size of the fangs (they leave a clear fang bite mark) and the venom but also because they will usually cling onto you, biting regularly, until they are brushed away.

The Sydney funnel-web spider is one of the most venomous (to humans) spiders in Australia, and second most venomous in the world. Unlike many other spiders where the most toxic venom lies within the female, the male holds venom up to six times more toxic. Within the venom lies neurotoxin atracotoxin that attacks the nervous system and affects the body’s organs; this is most notable in primates (both humans and monkeys) who are bitten, alongside guinea pigs and mice.

I did take a little peek into the local spider's web hole and saw a few legs.  That was enough spider desensitization for this gal.  

I wandered on to nicer things and noticed that the cactus flowers were opening.
BEAUTIFUL COLORS


The girls and I finished our day with some outside time, dinner and some tunes.

Another great day in this thing we call life.





No comments:

Post a Comment