We went to dozens of RV shows, I spent hours and hours online. We looked at all types of options before deciding on our Class A motorhome.
I also spent hours online researching our best option for towing a car. "What kind of car?" and "how best to tow?" were the biggest questions.
When we finally decided to have a go, we were all in.
We got Clark (the tow car) prepped to tow and we got Lewis prepped to house two adults and two dogs.
As we have traveled, I have had many strangers and friends alike ask me about the pros and cons of living in a motorhome.
For me, the pros greatly outnumber the cons. I really do not have a con that ever consistently comes to mind.
The pros, on the other hand, are abundant.
1. Traveling: I love to travel. I have had Wanderlust for as long as I can remember. I left home right after graduating college and have never been inclined to return. There is so much to see. Some things, like sunsets and sunrises are constant, but ever changing. Other things, like mountains, deserts, and spectacular bodies of water may be new to me but they are as old as time. While witnessing the setting or rising sun, or while listening to the sounds of a new day or the silence of a day gone by, I try to remember to give thanks. I am thankful. We worked and planned and saved and sacrificed but we also needed grace and blessings to get us to the starting point.
SUNSET LAKE ERIE
SUNRISE FORT HUACHUCA
SHARP TOP MOUNTAIN VIRGINIA
WHITE SANDS NEW MEXICO
LAKE MICHIGAN VIA SLEEPING BEAR DUNES NATIONAL LAKESHORE
GALVESTON BAY TEXAS
SAN PEDRO RIVER, ARIZONA
An entire book worthy subset of the travel pro is what can be learned about what is right in front of your eyes. I am constantly seeing and learning new things. New flora and fauna are abundant. I am an "eyes wide open" person when it comes to things like this. I may see something that I knew existed but to lay eyes on it can be such a pleasure. From the butterfly to the bear, and the cactus flower to the bluebell....priceless.
I have seen birds and bees and flowers and trees. I have see a bear, a mountain lion, javelina, coyote, deer and many other smaller but no less significant creatures.
As I write, I recognize that this post must be a multi day effort. I have so many pros and so few cons but I want to do them justice.
For me, the travel is probably at the top of my list. I love it.
Another great day in this thing we call life.

No comments:
Post a Comment