One of my dogs, Penny Lane, is a Labradoodle. She is so funny. I cannot imagine the conversations we would have if she could talk.
PENNY GETTING HER CUDDLE
My other dog is Annie. Annie is this tiny little dog that we rescued a few years ago. She is very shy but so very sweet.
MISS ANNIE
Penny tends to gravitate to Rob for spoiling and Annie gravitates to me.
Rob has been gone for nearly a week and I think Penny is sad. She just has not been herself.
She seems bored and sad.
BORED
SAD
Annie loves Rob but does not really seem bothered by the fact that he is gone. She has pretty much gone about her business of living.
NOT BORED....HAPPY
Today, I decided that I needed to do something to get Penny out of her funk.
So....what does one do to help a sad dog get her groove back?
We went to the park. We walked and walked and played. Penny and Annie both got to smell some new turf and get some exercise in a new area.
After the park and a drink of water, we went to Lowes. I loaded Annie in a cart and Penny just strutted right in. She got tons of attention and when it was time to check out, she got treats from the cashier.
DOG ON SALE?
As ridiculous as it might sound, by the time we'd had our visit to the park and Lowes, Penny seemed to be her old self. I guess we gotta get out more.
We went back to the RV and sat outside and watched a gorgeous sunset. It had gotten breezy and the temps had cooled.
I SPY SOMETHING BROWN AND SMELLY
IT GOT PRETTY CLOSE AND THEN I LET PENNY BARK IT AWAY
We are enjoying the rest of our evening. Penny has perked up and we are in for the night.
Another great day in this thing we call life.





Great post. Our Aussie shepherd tries to talk to me sometimes, and then she seems so get frustrated that she can't form words. Pretty smart dog.
ReplyDelete