Arizona does not observe Daylight Savings Time.(that just makes them smart) In the spring, they are on Pacific time and in the fall, they are on Mountain time. Right now, we are on Pacific time. 0840 in Florida is 0540 in Arizona.
I love early sunrise. I get up before the sun but I do not have to wait as long here.
Friday dawned clear and cool. The sky was beautiful and the birds were serenading.
We had our coffee and decided to take Penny for a short walk on one of the trails that led away from the RV park. Annie did not even get out of her bed. It was not yet 0700 and she was not getting up.
The trial we chose was part of Heritage Park. It was an easy flat trail that went through a wooded area to the west of camp.
YOU NEVER HAVE TO LOOK VERY FAR TO SEE THE MOUNTAINS
PENNY LANE IS HIDING IN FRONT OF ROB
After a nice morning walk, we went back to the RV and did a bit of work. Rob worked on taxes and I checked and paid bills.
With our admin done, we got ready for golf. Rob had gotten us a 1037 tee time and we both wanted to go to the range and hit a few balls before teeing off. We have not played much golf since we have been out. Weather and location have been preventive factors but neither of those was an issue here.
There is a golf course attached to Fort Huachuca. It used to be the on-post course but it is now public.
Mountain View Golf Course is appropriately named.
CHEESE
LOVELY MOUNTAIN VIEWS FROM THE TEES, FAIRWAYS AND GREENS
If you miss here, you are either playing from rock hard dirt or playing another ball. The grass is tall and the brush is thick so finding an errant shot is not easy.
We had a great time and we both played well. We had not touched our clubs in months so we were both happy with our round.
While we were playing, I had a memory of this course.
Way back in 1991, Rob and I were playing a round. I was about six months pregnant but still very happy to be out swinging the sticks. I teed off, watched my ball fly through the air and suddenly hit a bird square on. The bird fell from the sky and was dead as a doorknob by the time we got to it. I cried and cried. I am pretty sure I would have felt bad under any circumstances but pregnancy hormones and Rob's recent return from deployment had pretty much turned me into a crybaby. We removed the bird, provided a quick burial and played on. That is my most memorable birdie shot in golf.
We finished our round, loaded our clubs and went home. The girls met us at the door and we took them for a walk.
We have fellow RV friends in the area. They have a place off post where they park their bus. They have a covered building that is attached to a small home. They can park their bus under this cover and live between that and their small home. Their area is incredibly peaceful and offers views of the mountains. We sat for several hours and chatted. They plan to leave the area in the next few days so we were so glad we got to see them before they headed out. By the way friends: if you read this, I did not use your names because I was not sure how you felt about being in my blog.
After a really nice visit, we made our way back to the RV. We got the girls outside and just enjoyed the beautiful weather.
The humidity is very low. It was 6% when we arrived and I have not seen it rise above 17%. That coupled with daytime temps in the 70s to low 80s makes for great weather. It gets cooler at night but it is not cold.
I made homemade pizza and salad for dinner.
We'd had a great day. Nature trail, golf and friends.
Another great day in this thing we call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment