(4) So many things to do or do nothing at all: This upside of the motorhome life can take time for some to figure out. It is definitely a perk but for those of us who tend to run at warp speed, it is a learning process.
Rob and I are both goers and doers. We often focus on different things but we blend well and can find so much to do. We, like much of the working/child rearing population, spent our younger years packing a ton of adventure into our vacations. While there is nothing wrong with this, we hoped that the motorhome life would allow us to "vacation" at a slower pace. There is a bit of a learning curve but we are getting better at it. We still have days where we go too strong but we are learning to have "do nothing" days.
I would imagine that some have a much easier time learning how to take it easy. There is no wrong or right.
A BUSY DAY TO THE TOP OF SHARP TOP MOUNTAIN
A LOVELY LAZY DAY IN MICHIGAN NEAR SLEEPING BEAR DUNES NATIONAL SEASHORE
A SLIGHTLY ACTIVE DAY ONLY BECAUSE WE HAD TO HIKE A BIT TO GET THIS GREAT SPOT
ROB AND HIS FAITHFUL ADMIN ASSISTANT, PENNY LANE
(5) You get to spend lots of time with your person: This one is tricky. Like it or not, your person will be around....A LOT.
Rob and I get along well. We do not fight and we do not yell at one another. We do not always get along but we usually have the sense to recognize moments when we need to go to neutral territory and be quiet. We have a lot in common and we have differences. As a rule, we complement one another.
I believe that it is imperative that you and your person really, really, really like each other. There will be moments but the good times need to far outweigh the bad.
I REALLY LIKE MY PERSON
AND I AM PRETTY SURE
HE REALLY LIKES ME
So far, I have discussed some of the many upsides of motorhome life.
Even though I listed the spending lots of time with your person fifth, it is no less important. You must be realistic about your ability to be so close to someone else so much of the time. It is a plus for us and we know how to take breaks when we need to. A break may be as simple as he does his sudoku while I do my crosswords. This works great for us but it may not work for everyone.
As I have said many times, I love the RV life. Not all days are great but it would be unrealistic to expect this. I can, for the most part, say that each day has been:
Another great day in this thing we call life.


No comments:
Post a Comment