Thursday, May 4, 2017

Moving Day and Star Wars Day

We are lumbering down the road as I type.

If you ever decide to try the motorhome life, it is best that you learn to take your time.  This has been another adjustment for us.  For most of our married life, we have been on a schedule.  This is probably true for most adults.  We have to remind ourselves that we have time and we should enjoy it.  We are getting better.

As I said, we lumber.  Lewis is big at 38ft and 26,000 pounds.  Clark is about 12ft and 3500 lbs.  The tow bar adds about four feet.  Do the math and you get around 54 feet and 29,000lbs.  We are well within our weight limits but we try to take our time.  We keep our speed down and take breaks.  All it took was a few videos of motorhomes going too fast and ending up in rollover accidents.  They are real eye openers.

When we get ready to leave a campsite, we each have jobs.  I do the inside and Rob does the outside.  Both areas require attention to detail and failure to complete the checklist can be a real mess.

If you have never watched the movie RV, starring Robin Williams, you should.  It is incredibly funny and can give you a good idea of what can happen.

The outside jobs include emptying the tanks, and unhooking the water power.  We also make sure the awning is rolled in and if there is cable, it is disconnected.  We pull the slideouts in and raise the levelers right before we disconnect power.  We do this job together with one person inside and one outside.  Getting Clark ready to tow is also a team effort.

Once everything is done, we double check.  Driving away with something still connected or not where it should be for transit could make for an expensive repair.

Before we left this morning, I took one last stroll with my camera.  I was treated to a few deer, a bunch of javelinas and lovely flowers.

NOTICE THE BEE TO THE LEFT OF THE FLOWER?  IT WAS IN FLIGHT AND LADEN WITH POLLEN.  THE CLOSEUP PICTURE IS AMAZING.(NOT TRYING TO BRAG BUT...)

TWO DEER JUST WONDERING WHAT I AM UP TO


I did not take pictures of the javelina.  A friend who was out at the same time counted at least nine.  They were a bit down the road and I was not going to try and get closer.  You never know how they will react when they are in a pack.

As we move down the road, I want to say "May the fourth be with you."  We have one item that we use regularly that is great for today.

OUR STAR WARS SUNSCREEN.  WE USE THIS IN CLARK.  

I also had something less permanent but it still applied.

ALMOST EXPIRED MILK  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

We are on the road again.  Our next stop is only 115 miles away.

Another great day in this thing we call life.


No comments:

Post a Comment