We did get a good run and Penny Lane got a good swim but we did not go anywhere.
On Saturday morning, we drove to the Toadstools trailhead.
It is very easy to see why these particular rock formations are called toadstools.
Toadstools are formed when the ground beneath a boulder erodes faster than the boulder itself. Over a long period of time, the boulder and pedestal form the toadstool.
The hike from the trailhead to the toadstools is easy and fairly short. The trail meanders through and around a wash and comes to an area that looks a bit surreal. It is kind of like the moon and mars with sunshine.
ROB AND PENNY CHECKING OUT WHAT WE THINK IS A WATERFALL/WASH DURING HEAVY RAIN
We looked around a bit and then headed back to the car.
A LITTLE BIT OF COLOR
ONE YELLOW FLOWER
We returned from our toadstool hike and Rob and I went down to the lake. We took a couple of chairs and our Kindles and spent a couple of hours reading and people watching.
The lake was busy but there was plenty of room. As a rule, visitors were well behaved and everyone was enjoying the shared space. It was great fun watching all the little kids play. We also met a fabulous golden retriever named Bear. Bear was a very laid back dog. He stayed close to his humans but made the rounds and visited those close to them.
After some time on the beach, we walked back to the RV. I spied this very interesting lizard.
BEARDED DRAGON?
The camouflage was amazing and the lizard's best line of defense seemed to be that and standing perfectly still. I watched him for a full two minutes and he never moved. I snapped a few pics and then moved away. As soon as I was what the lizard must have deemed a safe distance, he zipped away and quickly disappeared.
Rob and I got back to the RV, cleaned up a bit and went to dinner.
When we got back from dinner, we took the girls for their walk and spent the rest of the evening enjoying the amazing stars and the scent of campfires.
Another great day in this thing we cal life.


No comments:
Post a Comment